Alumni Volunteer Opportunities
Alumni are our greatest resource, and play a critical role in the success of our students. There are many great volunteer opportunities to suit your availability--from recruiting new students, to expanding connections and resources through the Center for Advising and Career Services. There is something for everyone when it comes to lifelong MIIS participation!
Center for Advising and Career Services:
• Submit a position announcement, either from your organization or one you come across, to the career advising staff for posting to the MIIS community
• Create a professional development opportunity at your organization through one of the unique MIIS immersive learning experiences such as International Professional Service Semester (IPSS), Frontier Market Scouts, or the Development Management Project Institute.
• Pass along a great career site, link to a helpful resource, or offer a recommendation for a professional association
• Consider speaking to current students about your own career experiences, sharing hints and tips (in-person, via Skype, via a podcast, etc.)
• Participate in the 2012 Career Fair on February 24, 2012 by registering on behalf of your employer. Or let us know if you plan to attend as a job seeker by emailing email@example.com
• Act as a mentor to current students—providing your guidance and thoughtful advice as they transitions from student to alumni
Recruitment & Enrollment:
• Work with our enrollment team to recruit prospective students from your organization or related contacts by:
1. Providing contacts at organizations or universities where we might be able to find prospective students.
2. If you know of any colleagues or students who may be the right fit for MIIS, introduce them to MIIS representatives by filling out this form.
3. Host informal information sessions for prospective students (e.g. for coffee, or a happy hour).
4. Volunteer to represent MIIS at a grad school fair or conference.
5. Provide information on scholarship opportunities that may benefit prospective students.
• Alumni Chapter Coordinator: We are working with volunteers around the world to establish new chapters, and resurrect former ones. If you are interested in becoming a chapter coordinator please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Let us know if you would like to be involved with the planning of MIIS 2013 reunion!
• Class Notes – Share your good news with us! Have you recently gotten married or started a new career? Let us know what’s new by submitting or updating a class note.
If you have any questions, suggestions, or comments about volunteering please contact Tiffany Jacob, Alumni Relations Volunteer and Outreach Coordinator at email@example.com or 831-647-4648.