Alumni Achievement Awards - May 2014
The Alumni Achievement Awards program was launched in the fall of 2011 as a way to recognize the outstanding work being accomplished by Monterey Institute alumni. The awards acknowledge professional success, service, and other values important to the Institute. The 2014 Alumni Achievement Awards will be presented during Spring Commencement 2014 as a way to acknowledge the many achievements of our alumni and that our alumni truly live the motto of “Be the Solution.”
You can click here
to view the 2012 award recipient profiles
and here for the 2013 award recipient profiles
The award categories and criteria are as follows:
Distinguished Alumni Award
Young Alumni Achievement Award
- Recipient has achieved prominence in his or her field, and epitomizes the Institute’s motto, “Be the Solution” through their contributions to his/her community and/or field
- Demonstrated record of service and philanthropy to MIIS
- Ideally, the nominee is a role model to MIIS students and his/her journey provides motivation and inspiration to the Institute and its constituents
- Willingness to be considered as a commencement speaker
Alumni Volunteer Service Award:
- Recipient graduated within the last 10 years
- Currently making great strides as a young professional in their field and/or community and engages with the MIIS community
- Recipient has given generously of his/her time to support MIIS
- Engaged in activities related to chapter development/events, fundraising, student mentoring, career support, and/or recruitment
Alumni, faculty, students, and staff are encouraged to submit a nomination. Self-nominations will also be accepted. The nomination form is online and may be found here, and must be submitted by February 24, 2014.
The Alumni Achievement Awards Review Committee, comprised of the provost, deans, student council representative, alumni relations director, one alumni influencer, and one faculty member, will review the nominations based on the criteria listed above. The final selections by the committee will be made by and award winners will be notified in March. The awards will be presented during spring commencement in May 2014. Awardees will be invited to attend the commencement ceremony in May.
We are excited to recognize the significant work being done by MIIS alumni through the Alumni Achievement Award program. If you have questions, please contact Maggie Peters by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com or by phone at 831-647-3557.